Do you have a need in the community? If so, please see our qualifying information and let us know how we can help.
Striving to actively support various qualifying organizations within the geographic areas that our cooperative serves, San Miguel can make up to a $1,000 charitable donation to a qualifying organization that is located in and provides service within the region we serve on an annual basis.
To qualify for a charitable donation from our cooperative an organization must meet the below qualifications:
- Be located in, and provide services within, Atascosa and McMullen Counties.
- Be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, a 501(c)(4) social welfare organization, or a 501(c)(6) business league.
- Be able to provide a copy of their 501(c) tax certificate and tax identification number.
San Miguel is unable to provide charitable support to an organization for any of the following reasons:
- The organization discriminates based on age, sex, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
- Charitable requests from religious organizations. However, community programs that are sponsored by religious organizations will be considered.
- Requests from or for school-based programs.
- Requests from or for local, regional, and/or school-based sports teams, extracurricular teams or clubs.
- Requests that solicit financial support for individuals, political candidates or campaigns, or entities that are not Qualifying Organizations.
- Requests for school trips, athletic or other extracurricular events or trips, or recreational trips or tours.
- Requests for sponsorship for individuals in beauty pageants, livestock shows, or scholarship drives, or any other requests for funds for an individual.
- Requests for outside fundraising efforts.
- Any request for financial support for an organization that is located and serves outside Atascosa and McMullen Counties.
To apply for a charitable donation from our cooperative, please download the application below. Applications are reviewed monthly. Applications must be received by the 25th of the month to be considered for the next month's review. Please upload a copy of your 501(c) tax certificate with your application as your tax certificate will be required before we can review your application
San Miguel Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Attn: Faith Miller
P.O. Box 280
Jourdanton, TX 78026