"Thirty-seven years and counting, still learning and doing the job I love!"Greg Pratka 37 years of service
“We have seen many changes and challenges here at San Miguel, but this team of men and women and our management have always met them and stayed together in a way I’ve never seen or heard of elsewhere.”Chris Tavernier Sr. 38 years of service
San Miguel Electric Cooperative, Inc. owns and operates a lignite fired power plant located in Christine, Texas, approximately 55 miles south of San Antonio, Texas.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. A full Non-Discrimination Statement can be viewed here.
San Miguel offers an excellent benefit package, which includes:
- 401(k) and Defined Benefits Plan
- Medical, Dental, Life, Business Travel, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Sick Leave, Vacation and Paid Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)